If you spend enough time in Facebook using your mobile devices, you’ll probably noticed a lightning symbol appear on the top right of the picture.
Something that look like these (showed in red arrow).
What you see is actually an indicator of Facebook Instant Articles.
What’s Facebook Instant Articles?
It’s a new way for any publisher to create fast, interactive articles on Facebook.
Instant Articles is a feature from social networking company Facebook for use with collaborating news and content publishers, that the publisher can choose to use for articles they select.
When a publisher selects an article for Instant Articles, visitors who browse Facebook in its mobile app can see the entire article within Facebook’s app, with formatting very similar to that on the publisher’s website.
Another way of saying this is an Instant Article is a HTML5 document that loads very quickly in Facebook. This is very much similar to the loading speed of you look at news feed at Facebook.
Instant Articles Facebook give you the ability to tell rich stories in a branded and customizable article format that renders fast on mobile.
Why should I care about FB Instant Articles?
Yes. You may be wondering why should I know about FB Instant Articles anyway?
Well, if you’re a publisher and write blogs or updates frequently, you may want to consider setting up Instant Articles for your website.
Below are a few of the reasons why you should not move away from Instant Articles.
- Provide amazing reading experience
- Interactive layout provides higher engagement
- Looks magnificent on mobile devices
- Get higher traffic from publishing articles
- Pictures and videos will load instantly
- User will stay on Facebook instead of moving to browser
- Allow you to monetize further with your articles using FB audience network
Okay, I got the point. So, what’s needed before I can set up Facebook Instant Articles?
Well for anything new we sure need some guidance in order to setup. So here’s some elements that’s needed before you can even setup Facebook Instant Articles.
- A website or blog, preferably with WordPress – you’ll need to publish your post on your website first before you can publish as an instant articles in Facebook
- Access to your website HTML codes (for verification) – this is needed to make sure you have the ownership of the website
- Publication logo – this is to identify your page/ website
- Facebook Page – this is needed to manage your publication articles
- Some technical knowledge – you may need to do some coding to edit layout or insert Ads
- Design – you need to think of how your page should look like in mobile, of course you can always use the default setting
- 5 blog posts or articles for review by Facebook – this is needed in order to get approved to start publishing instant articles
If you’re not proficient enough to follow the Facebook Developer’s guide, then probably you can follow below guide to setup your Instant Articles. Courtesy of shoutmeloud.
Or if you would like an easier way, I recommend using Bolt Publisher to help you setup your account and manage your posts. <this is the shortcut way of setting up and easier publication management>
In my opinion, Facebook Instant Articles is very useful especially for publisher. This is because it provides a whole new reading experience to the reader.
Also, with the fast loading speed, we can expect a higher reading rate. Not only will improve engagement, you’ll also get a chance to monetize with Facebook Audience Network.
As of this print, I’ve already setup Instant Articles for you kphuah.com website. You can browse to the articles shared on my Facebook page.
So what do you think about Facebook Instant Articles now?
Are you going to use it?
Kindly leave me some feedback.